Father’s Day Feature : Raphael Kamuri, Devoted Dad
As an annual tradition around Father’s day, MumsVillage reached out to the dads in our community to share their parenting experiences and tips as we #CelebrateDad. This is the story of Raphael Kamuri.
1.What childhood experiences shaped you the most? What did you learn from them?
Looking after my father’s livestock. It taught me responsibility.
2. How would people who knew you in school describe you?
Very held back but speaks when need be.
3. How have you raised your children similarly to how you were raised? What have you tried to do differently?
My first born just got born, so I think I will raise him like I was raise because I was raised right.
4. What traditions did your parents pass on to you that you passed on to your child/children?
Prayer before everything and etiquette.
5. What three words would you say represents your approach to parenting and why?
Lovingly, Sternly and God fearing so as to raise babies that are good before the eyes of God and men, who are also respectful.
6. What are some of the most rewarding (and/or challenging) aspects of being a parent for you?
Challenging aspects – No sleep; Responsibility for not only yourself, but for the baby; Consciousness of trying to be a good example.
Rewarding aspects– I’m happy and feel fulfilled.
7. What was the most rewarding (and/or hardest) period of your career journey?
The time I had to call it quits and start my own.
8. What are your thoughts about your current line of work?
I like it very much, it gives me flexibility and freedom to do other things. No traffic stress.
9. What do you think the world needs more of right now?
Love is all it needs.
10. Is there something that you wish you had experienced that you haven’t yet experienced?
I wish I could have travelled more in my early twenties and see the world.
11. At this stage in your life, what are some of your best family memories?
The day my baby was born
12. What message would you like to share with your family?
I love you all very much.
13. What has fatherhood taught you?
14. How would you like to be remembered?
To be a loving father, good husband and responsible son.
Thank you Raphael Kamuri for being a wonderful dad. Happy Father’s Day to all dads!
You may also like: 9 Father’s Day Gift Ideas for every Dad