Other Articles from MumsVillage Team
Father’s Day Feature : Eugene Nyachieo, Doting Dad
As an annual tradition around Father’s day, MumsVillage reached out to the dads in our community to share their parenting experiences and tips as we #CelebrateDad. This is Eugene Nyachieo’s story:
1.What childhood experiences shaped you the most? What did you learn from them?
Going to church and having a relationship with God, it taught me to have faith and to trust even when doubt and fear are crippling you.
2. How would people who knew you in school describe you?
Kind and generous
3. How have you raised your children similarly to how you were raised? What have you tried to do differently?
I try to use a negotiation approach rather than caning.
4. What traditions did your parents pass on to you that you passed on to your child/children?
5. What three words would you say represents your approach to parenting and why?
Communication, time and loving. This is because I believe a child needs to be talked to, spend a lot of time with and to be shown as much love as possible.
6. What are some of the most rewarding (and/or challenging) aspects of being a parent for you?
The most rewarding is seeing my child happy and the most challenging has to be not being sure if I am doing this right.
7. What was the most rewarding (and/or hardest) period of your career journey?
The most rewarding was when I signed off as a second officer to be a first officer (pilot).
8. What are your thoughts about your current line of work?
Its alright, only that it keeps me away from my family alot.
9. What do you think the world needs more of right now?
More patience, and more responsible people
10. Is there something that you wish you had experienced that you haven’t yet experienced?
Travelling together with my family
11. At this stage in your life, what are some of your best family memories?
The day my daughter was born and watching her hit all her milestones.
12. What message would you like to share with your family?
I love them very much, and I want to see them happy.
13. What has fatherhood taught you?
I have learnt to be more patient with people, to love another person more than I love myself, she comes first, to live in the moment and to laugh more.
14. How would you like to be remembered?
As a hero who loved my family very much.
Happy Father’s day!
You may also like: Father’s Day Feature: Raphael Kamuri, Devoted Dad