Checklist : What to Carry in your Diaper Bag
Putting together a diaper bag [Buy Now] for your baby may feel like packing for a vacation. What you need to know is that this bag will basically be your life support for the next two to three years of errands, outings, and anything else you do with baby in tow.
Its important to pack it with the essentials and here are the items you won’t want to leave your house without:
- Diapers[Buy Now]- (As a rule of thumb, it is best to count a diaper an hour for a newborn) Better safe than sorry!
3. Changing pad/ Blanket : Most diaper bags usually come equipped with a reusable changing pad, or you can buy one separately. A hand towel or a receiving sheet from home will also do.
4. Bottles[Buy Now]-for bottle feeding expressed milk.
5. Sippy cup for milk, juice and water for toddlers.
6. Plastic waste bags (This is great for storing soiled diapers, clothes, and baby blankets.
7. Lightweight blanket[Buy Now]– (This can be used to cover your baby or as a changing pad, nursing cover, bib, shade, or burp cloth)
8. Burp clothes (Wash cloths)
9. Change of clothes[Buy Now]: Sometimes spit-up, drool, spills, or poop explosions will necessitate a change of clothing.
Nice to Have
–Extra shirt for mum (in case of a spill-up)
–Toys; Colouring books; teethers (Choose toys based on where you are going and your child’s age. A toddler going to a restaurant often requires a lot of entertaining distractions, while a 4-month-old may be happy with a shaker)
-A favorite comfort object.
–Snacks and water for nursing mum and toddlers (Pack fluids and snacks in resealable plastic bags to prevent leaks)
And yes, they can all fit inside!
You might also like: 10 Newborn Gift Ideas for a First Time Mum