Child Friendly Establishments as Voted by Nairobi Mums
Mums are always looking for child-friendly places to go with their children that provide baby changing stations, play areas, high chairs and kiddie menus.
MumsVillage conducted a survey of child-friendly establishments in Nairobi and the 5 Big Winners were Java, Planet Yoghurt, Artcaffe, Spurs and (wait for it……) Gertrudes!. We have also rounded up a list of neighbourhood specific establishments to get you started.
Kilimani & Lavington:
- Adega Portuguese Restaurant in Lavington Curve Mall is spacious and family/children friendly. Check out their reviews on EatOut Kenya
- Mambo Italia is also at Lavington Curve Mall
- Under the Radar along Arghwings Kodhek Rd has outdoor seating giving the kids space to run off some calories after their sumptuous meals.
- Junction Mall especially Jungle Bungle and the Fun Park
- Amani ya Juu in Riverside near Prime Bank is located in a beautiful garden where the kids can play all afternoon.
- Valley Arcade is home to restaurants like Galitos Kenya and Java which has been mentioned as baby friendly by most Nairobi Mums
- For You Chinese restaurant is located on Gitanga Rd, Lavington. In addition to being spacious, there are childminders who will help you look after your children as you enjoy the good food.
- Adams Arcade has a variety of restaurants like Java and Snack Attack, famous for its’ “Angry Chicken Burger”
Is your toddler a fussy feeder? This Tinga Tinga with Hippo Illustrations captures your child’s attention making easier feeding times and is now available at The MumsVillageShop. Buy Now.
- The Hub at Karen has so much to offer the kids that can’t be summarised into one sentence. Our CEO, Isis Nyong’o, had a chance to visit the breathtaking mall and shared her thoughts here. From the kid-sized toilets to the stroller-friendly large pathways, you won’t lack for anything at this well thought out child-friendly establishment.
- Purdy Arms in Karen has spacious playgrounds for the kids to let loose.
- Asmara Karen is a new Eritrean/Ethiopian restaurant that opened up recently in 2017. It has an amazing kids play area and ample space to host a kids party, go for a date with your partner and have a corporate lunch.
The Match it foods puzzle makes eating out easier. It keeps children preoccupied and entertained before the order arrives. Shop Now at The MumsVillageShop.
- Thika Road Mall
- Play City at Mountain Mall on Thika Road features bumper cars, video games, kiddy rides, giants bouncy castles and trampoline, a 3 level soft play with slides, monkey bars, ball ponds, and swings.
- Fun Zone at 100, Garden Estate
- Garden City Mall
Limuru Road & Kitisuru:
- Muthaiga Country Club
- Kids Corner at Westgate Mall
- Jacaranda Hotel. This hotel currently has no changing tables, however.
- Villa Rosa Kempinski
- Sarit Centre
- Uhuru Park. Even Baba Amor agrees that the park offers a variety of child-friendly activities.
- The Museum
- Lunar Park at Railways Sports Club
- Karura Forest
Johnsons & Johnsons Gentle Baby Wipes are ideal for wiping their hands after eating or snacktime. Shop Now at The MumsVillageShop
- Animal Orphanage and Safari Walk are bound to be instant hits with the kids for as little as Kshs. 100.
- Galleria Shopping Mall – Planet Yoghurt and Java. Here are 15 things you should know about Planet Yoghurt that will make the experience even more child-friendly.
- Splash Waterworld
- Java House-Aero Club – watch the planes take-off as you eat.
- Lunar Park.
- Big Square Oval at Ring Road, Parklands
- Greenspan Mall in Donholm has a dedicated playground for the kids with fun rides
- Taj Mall
- Eka Hotel. The Spurs Hotel here has a wonderful menu that the kids will definitely enjoy.
- Gertrudes Donholm, Embakasi
Ngong Road & Upperhill Area:
- Upperhill Springs restaurant– A Nairobi mum said “My child loves the bouncing castles and other entertainment. They have a great live band and the prices are fair”
- Nairobi Hospital
- Nairobi Baptist Church Creche
Happy Exploring these Child-Friendly Places!
You may also like: