DIY: Homemade Remedy for Cracked Heels
Few things are more intimate than having your feet rubbed by your partner after a long, hard day. Cute, right? Now throw in some dry, cracked heels into the equation and that romantic moment just turned into a horror scene.
Made especially worse by walking in sandals, cracked heels and feet are not only an eyesore, but they can quite as easily be a romance killer.
Fear not though, there’s a quick fix to this!
Here are two easy DIY scrubs you can whip up at home that will act as a great exfoliate.
- Start by soaking your feet in warm water for five minutes. This will allow your skin to loosen up a little.
- Take your pick on the ingredients above and mix them into a thick scrub. Rub it in circular motions on your foot, focusing on your driest areas.
- Follow with a pumice stone making sure you’re not too rough. This will help get rid of any extra dry skin.
- Rinse off with clean water and pat dry.
- Oil your feet with a creamy moisturizer (petroleum jelly will do) and wear some cotton socks right after. This will help retain the moisture.