Other Articles from Amanda Gicharu Kemoli
Recipe : Easy No Knead Bread Rolls
When I tell my friends I make my own bread they are always so impressed. The truth is it isn’t that hard. Use my no-knead, no-stress recipe to make your own too – I guarantee this bread will be better than anything you buy in a supermarket.
No-Knead Bread Rolls
Preparation Time:About 2 hours
Bake Time:20 minutes
Servings:Makes 2 dozen rolls
- Large Mixing Bowl
- Two 10-inch square or round cake pans
- Plastic Wrap / Cling Film
- Wooden Mixing Spoon
- Electric Oven
- 2 cups warm (no less than 40°C degrees) water
- 3 teaspoons active dry yeast
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 4 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 6 cups all-purpose flour
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
1. Pour water into a large bowl and sprinkle in yeast. Let stand until yeast softens, about 5 minutes. Add sugar, eggs, 3 tablespoons oil and salt and stir to dissolve yeast. Gradually stir in enough flour to make dough soft (you may have to use your hands to work in last additions).
2. Work dough in bowl to make a smooth ball.
3. Lightly brush top of dough with additional 1-tablespoon oil. Cover bowl tightly with plastic wrap. Let stand in a warm place until doubled in volume, about 1 hour.
4. Brush two 9 or 10-inch round cake pans lightly with melted butter. Punch down dough and cut into 24 pieces. With floured hands, form each piece of dough into a ball. Arrange 12 balls of dough, smooth side up, in each pan. Cover loosely with plastic wrap and let stand in a warm place until almost doubled in volume, about 35 minutes.
5. Meanwhile, position a rack in the center of oven and preheat to 180°C degrees. Brush tops of rolls with remaining melted butter. Bake until golden brown, about 20 minutes.
Let rolls stand in the pan for 5 minutes. Remove rolls from pan and break apart. Serve rolls hot or warm.
Log in or Register to save this content for later.