The Nyama Choma Sauce to Serve at your next Barbeque
The perfect Chimichurri sauce recipe goes well on grilled meats – a definite yes on some succulent nyam chom.
It is a tangy brightly colored sauce with herbs, garlic, and vinegar. In Argentina, they always serve meat with a side of chimichurri. This sauce must be prepared at least an hour before serving.
Argentine Chimichurri Sauce
Preparation Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 0 minutes
Servings: Makes about 1 cup
- Rubber Spatula or Flat Wooden Spoon
- Small Bowl
- 1 cup finely chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley leaves
- 2 Tbsp. fresh oregano, or dried oregano as a substitute
- 2 Tbsp. minced garlic
- 1 to 2 tsp. crushed red pepper flakes
- 3 Tbsp. red wine vinegar
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1/2 tsp. kosher salt
- 1/2 tsp. freshly ground black pepper
- Put parsley, oregano, garlic, red pepper flakes, and vinegar into a blender or food processor and process until it becomes a coarse paste.
- Use a rubber spatula to scrape mixture into a bowl or other container.
- Stir in olive oil; add salt and pepper.
Let sit for at least 1 hour before serving.
Here is your perfect chance to wow your guests at that barbeque you are planning to have over the weekend!