Other Articles from Millicent Muigai
6 Steps to avoid a Hangover
During December, or as young people like to call it “Drinkcember,” some of us occasionally indulge a little too much.
Especially where nights out are concerned. In the spirit of the festive season, we obviously want to enjoy ourselves to the max. These tips may are to help you indulge and survive this month by avoiding a hangover
- Laying the foundation: before heading out to paint the town red, be sure to have a great meal filled with lots of healthy carbs, meat and water. This will definitely help you handle your liquor a little better.
- Hydrate: Water IS life. Remember to hydrate before indulging, during and after imbibing because alcohol dehydrates you. Drink a glass of water when you get home after a night of fun. It will definitely help you the next day and reduce bathroom runs. Tip: Don’t go to the bathroom in your dream, it’s a setup!
- Pace yourself: When people are out having a good time, sometimes they get carried away. You find yourself drinking a bit quicker in the midst of the excitement. Slow down champ, wahenga hawakukosea waliposema, “hurry, hurry has no blessings”.
- Break your fast in style: A hearty breakfast the following day will definitely go a long way. Alcohol will lead to a drop in your blood sugar. To get it back to where it needs to be, you need to eat a great breakfast. Make sure to start with a glass of apple juice to boost your blood sugar level and scrambled eggs with lots of veggies.
- Sleep: make sure that you get a restful night or day, before and after a great night. It may not completely eliminate the effects of the hangover, but it will definitely go a long way to help you recover.
- Be the designated driver: the perfect way to avoid a hangover is to avoid alcohol altogether. Be the sober one to ensure people get home safe, even if you aren’t driving. If you are sober, you’ll have some great stories to tell, so, it has its perks.
The festive season encourages people to enjoy themselves a little more that usual. Remember, don’t drink and drive. Take an Uber, Taxify or call your cab guy. Arrive alive as the alcohol brand suggests. Take care of yourselves. Let us know if these tips helped.
What else do you do to avoid or to combat a hangover? Share in the box below: