Recipe: Banana Oatmeal Granola bars
No refined sugar, vegan, gluten-free, and super simple: these granola bars make a perfect snack any time! And they’re easy to adapt: add ¼ cup of pumpkin or sunflower seeds, chopped dried apricots or dates, or even dark chocolate pieces.
Ingredients for the Granola bars
2 cups jumbo oats
1 cup dry coconut
1 cup nuts (almonds are particularly good !)
½ cup raisins
½ teaspoon cinnamon
2 tablespoons coconut oil
½ cup honey
½ cup plain cashew butter
- Preheat the oven to 350F (175C).
- In a big bowl, mix together the oats, coconut, nuts, raisins, and cinnamon.
- Combine the cashew butter, honey, and coconut oil in a small saucepan. Heat over low heat until the mixture melts and you can easily stir it together.
- In a small bowl, smash the banana. Add the cashew butter mixture and stir.
- Add the honey/banana mixture to the oats and stir well.
- Press the mixture into a greased or nonstick cookie sheet.
- Bake for 12 minutes, just until the bars start to brown on top and around the edges.
- Let them cool for at least 30 minutes, cut into squares, and enjoy!