Recipe: Banana Oatmeal Granola bars
No refined sugar, vegan, gluten-free, and super simple: these granola bars make a perfect snack any time! And they’re easy to adapt: add ¼ cup of pumpkin or sunflower seeds, chopped dried apricots or dates, or even dark chocolate pieces.
Ingredients for the Granola bars
2 cups jumbo oats
1 cup dry coconut
1 cup nuts (almonds are particularly good !)
½ cup raisins
½ teaspoon cinnamon
2 tablespoons coconut oil
½ cup honey
½ cup plain cashew butter
- Preheat the oven to 350F (175C).
- In a big bowl, mix together the oats, coconut, nuts, raisins, and cinnamon.
- Combine the cashew butter, honey, and coconut oil in a small saucepan. Heat over low heat until the mixture melts and you can easily stir it together.
- In a small bowl, smash the banana. Add the cashew butter mixture and stir.
- Add the honey/banana mixture to the oats and stir well.
- Press the mixture into a greased or nonstick cookie sheet.
- Bake for 12 minutes, just until the bars start to brown on top and around the edges.
- Let them cool for at least 30 minutes, cut into squares, and enjoy!
Pancakes are one of the simplest and fastest dishes to make for breakfast, the only problem is that people assume that it is difficult to do. I have created this short course to show you how easy it is to make pancakes and the two common styles most people use; the fluffy American style pancake which has some baking powder and the French style which does not have any baking powder.
You will learn how to make two types of pancakes;
- French Style- which is really thin and does not have any baking powder.
- American Style- which is fat and fluffy and has the baking powder to help it rise.