A certified baking nut with an insatiable sweet tooth, I love me a good muffin. To me, a muffin is one of the ultimate cheats; it is a great way to incorporate fruit, bran, oats or even vegetables into a scrumptious dessert. It is the perfect union between health and decadence. This particular muffin fuses spicy cinnamon and crisp apples to make the ideal snack or accompaniment for your morning oatmeal.
Apple Cinnamon Muffins
Preparation Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 25 minutes
Servings: Makes 12 servings
- Mixing Bowl
- Cupcake Baking Tray
- Measuring Cup (or any cup you may have, simply make sure you use the same cup to measure all ingredients so proportions stay uniform)
- Wooden Mixing Spoon
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, softened to room temperature
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 2 large eggs, room temperature preferred
- 1/2 cup yogurt: vanilla
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 and 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1 and 1/2 cups peeled, chopped apple (3 apples).
- In a medium-sized bowl beat the butter and brown sugar until creamed and well combined. Scrape down the sides and bottom of the bowl as needed.
- Add the eggs, yoghurt, and vanilla extract. Beat until the mixture is combined and uniform in texture.
- In a large bowl, toss together the flour, baking soda, baking powder, cinnamon, and salt. Pour the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients and slowly mix with a whisk.
- Add the milk, gently whisking until combined and little lumps remain.
- Peel and chop the apples into small chunks. Fold in the apple pieces with a wooden spoon or rubber spatula.
- Spoon the muffin batter into the cupcake holders, until they are full all the way up to the top. Press a handful of the crumb topping into the top of each; crumble it with your hands to make some big chunks.
- Bake for 5 minutes at 180C degrees, then keeping the muffins in the oven, lower the oven temperature to 150C degrees and bake for 10 more minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the centre comes out clean.
You May Also Like:
31 Educational Resources For Home Learning
How To Have a Conversation With Your Child About Coronavirus
How to Have a Conversation With Your Nanny About Coronavirus