We’re Hiring! E-Commerce Lead
We’re hiring? Interested? Please send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
MumsVillage is a virtual “village” enabling mothers to access and share localized content and products through peer-to-peer communities. Technology is radically changing the habits of women in Africa and particularly those using the Internet for the first time – they are turning to their mobile phones for the relevant information, support networks and to access products they need.Women control 80% of household budgets resulting in an $7B opportunity in Africa by 2021. Our mission is to empower African women to make informed choices for the health and well-being of their families.
You will spearhead the e-commerce strategy and grow sales through online platforms and digital marketing of a commerce model targeting women.
● Spearhead the creation of an e-commerce platform.
● Establish overall process flow with involving key players and working with the Software Lead to set up appropriate dashboards.
● Deliver a strategic approach in driving ongoing traffic and promotions to generate sales revenues and build brand awareness across target market.
● Deliver best in class online merchandising and an easy purchase experience to customers.
● Work with the Social Impact Lead to conduct buyer user research interrogating: consumption and purchasing habits.
● Develop our online product proposition and acquisition plan.
● Scope and secure key partnerships: distribution and payment partners.
● Manage lean operations to ensure high customer satisfaction.
● Take ownership of on-site journey, identifying design problems and devise solutions, to continually increase conversion and overall revenue.
● Work closely with the content team to improve product presentation including photography, video and other creative.
● Manage online activity in relation to traffic acquisition, sales, conversion and a/b testing and reporting.
● Analyse various data in order to deliver data driven strategies in order to deliver top performance and achieve KPIs including web traffic and driving online sales.
● MBA or Master’s degree in Business, Digital Marketing, or relevant field
● At least 5 years of experience in a similar role (eCommerce, planning, or web retail merchandising experience).
● Track record of success in sales and business development.
● Proficiency in: content management and social media marketing; market research; search engine optimization (SEO); and online sales.
● Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite.
● Analytical and process-oriented, comfortable working with large data sets and making data-driven decisions. Experience with web analytics strongly preferred.
● Able to manage many initiatives and drive multiple threads of work to completion.
● Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
● Comfortable in a fast-paced, dynamic environment.