We are Hiring! Sales Intern
MumsVillage is a vibrant online destination dedicated to enriching lives of mums and mums-to-be across Africa. It empowers African women to make informed choices for the health and well-being of their families through access to locally relevant content and resources.
Accessing locally relevant child and maternal health information is a major problem for African women. The Internet has the power to change this. Over 100 million mothers in Africa are picking up their smartphones to learn about pregnancy and childbirth. However, in Kenya alone, the millions of monthly online searches for ‘pregnancy’ or ‘baby’ result in virtually no articles or video content created locally. Most of what African women are consuming today online is tailored to Western audiences whose healthcare realities, educational systems and everyday challenges differ vastly.
Do you love PowerPoint?
As the Sales Intern, you’ll join our startup team to develop new business and reach decision makers. This is a rare opportunity to join a company at its early stage alongside some of the most influential Tech women in Africa. We’re focused on attracting exceptionally driven self-starters full of great ideas who are willing to work hard – this reflects who we are and how we work.
What you will be doing
- Building proposals & PowerPoint presentations for sales prospects
- Research prospect accounts in target market
- Uncover contact names and details in key roles
- Work directly with prospecting team to increase campaign effectiveness
- Work with sales team on specific prospecting projects
- Pursuing a B Comm/BA or recent graduate
- Experience in building Microsoft PowerPoint presentations
- Interested in learning about sales
What we look for in every Villager
- Self-direction and results orientation– full comfort in prioritizing workload, working with limited resources, handling the unexpected, recovering from setbacks and getting things done
- Timeline driven– time is a valuable resource, which we respect and we move with a sense of urgency. Delivering on time and managing expectations when timelines need to change is a baseline expectation for everyone.
- Proactive communicator — communicate proactively, confidently and professionally with people within the organization and external partners. We appreciate and foster responsiveness.
- Flexibility– we are in the nascent stage of development and all team members need to be flexible and amenable to a rapidly changing environment.
- Genuine interest in mums – and an intuitive understanding of how to delight this market.
How to apply:
Send your CV and a sample presentation you’ve created using the subject line “Sales Intern” to firstname.lastname@example.org