We are Hiring! Digital Content Specialist
MumsVillage is a vibrant online destination dedicated to enriching lives of mums and mums-to-be across Africa. It empowers African women to make informed choices for the health and well-being of their families through access to locally relevant content and resources.
Accessing locally relevant child and maternal health information is a major problem for African women. The Internet has the power to change this. Over 100 million mothers in Africa are picking up their smartphones to learn about pregnancy and childbirth. However, in Kenya alone, the millions of monthly online searches for ‘pregnancy’ or ‘baby’ result in virtually no articles or video content created locally. Most of what African women are consuming today online is tailored to Western audiences whose healthcare realities, educational systems and everyday challenges differ vastly.
We are seeking a motivated and results-driven digital Content Specialist with strong writing skills who will thrive in a fast-paced environment. This is an excellent opportunity for an individual who wants to work as part of a skilled team to gain valuable experience.
The Digital Content Specialist will have the opportunity to write and produce various types of shareable pregnancy and parenting related content. The position requires a high level of creativity, attention to detail and enthusiasm. Your role will be as much learning as it is doing. Here at MumsVillage, we truly believe in fostering potential of the individual and having a good time while doing it.
What you’ll be doing:
- Write articles on daily basis related to parenting
- Research, develop and curate various types of relatable content for use on our website, on social media outlets that inspire and entertain our audience and support our marketing goals
- Identify opportunities for content promotion and content partnerships with various publishers, brands and blogs online
- Prepare analytical reports to identify effective marketing growth hacks
- Editing/proofreading content to ensure it meets quality standards
- Aid in developing a database of industry resources.
What you’ll bring to this role
- Outstanding writing and editing skills.
- Understanding of digital media channels and content distribution.
- Advanced computer skills and strong familiarity with the web.
- Familiarity with social media channels and digital trends.
- Ability to meet deadlines and produce quality work. This means you are willing to put in the effort/time required to get the job “done right” – not “done right now.”
- Confident to share your ideas, participate in conversations, and take (or give) constructive criticism
- Positive attitude and ability to work in a team.
- Understanding of digital marketing and content marketing specifically.
- Ability to work independently and manage multiple tasks and projects
How to apply:
Send your CV using subject line “Digital Content Specialist Application” to email@example.com