Job Title: Supply Chain Lead
Title of Supervisor : Chief Executive Officer – Kenya
Department/Program : Supply Chain
Location : Nairobi, Kenya
Direct reports: Order fulfilment and Customer Support Associate
Overall Job Purpose :Lead and coordinate the supply chain activities and processes, maximizing margins through strategic planning and negotiation, ensuring goals of cost effectiveness, timey order fulfilment and inventory management are achieved.
Roles and responsibilities
managing and analysing
product quotes, negotiating for better terms and pricing with vendors and
suppliers, and recommend suppliers and/or vendors with respect to cost,
quality and delivery competitiveness across all of the supply chain
manage the funnel to ensure online
orders, deliveries, exchanges and returns are properly managed and
excellent customer experience
Sustain and establish new
relationships and develop partnerships for new projects and opportunities
and coordination of supplier payments with Finance.
-Supervise inbound & out-bound supply chain
Prepare and present supply chain budget for period under
-Ensure inventory composition is the right mix
needed for optimal sales, forecasting and reporting the quantities and
amounts of the products required to be purchased
-Partner with the marketing team to forecast
inventory demand and planning based on marketing optimization and
various company initiatives.
Identify performance gaps, prioritize and manage improvement roadmaps.
-Maintain records and requirements for audit
-Any other related duties that may be assigned.
Education & Experience requirements :
- Degree/Diploma in procurement or any Business Related field and Professional certification in procurement.
- KCSE Minimum grade of C+.
- 5 years’ Experience in procurement and supply chain management, experience in e- commerce industry is highly desirable.
Skills and Competencies and Personal Attributes :
- Purchasing and pricing strategy skills is mandatory
- Knowledge of distribution centre/fulfilment operations and processes.
- Data driven mind-set & Strong commercial skills.
- Strong experience executing and managing the end-to-end procurement, lifecycle Demonstrated knowledge of key business financial metrics.
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a team.