Quick and Simple Vegetarian Egg Curry
It’s 2017 – Let’s eat more vegetables! I have set a challenge for myself. I am committing to making a number of healthy homemade vegetarian dishes. Let’s see how that will work out.
This is such an easy and inexpensive weeknight recipe. You can whip it up for a your vegetarian friend or try it when taking a break from steak night.
The first time I ever had egg curry I was at a friend’s house who absolutely loves Indian food. Back then I wasn’t a big fan of spicy food, I was very much into strong bold flavors (SALT) lol for me that was about it.
I do however remember watching her make it and almost 5 years later I have recreated it. We had it with some naan bread and lots of natural yogurt on the side because I wasn’t so acclimated to the bright flavours. I couldn’t handle the heat. If you are new here then you should know that today, I totally love that spice in my food, I love how chilies can transform a dish.
So what do we need?
Dish serves 2.
- 3 eggs
- Paprika 1tspn
- Cayenne pepper (your preference)
- Chili flakes (sprinkle a few flakes)
- Tumeric (1 spoon)
- One onion (Red is my favorite)
- I cup of natural yogurt – If you’ve got monties get that Greek yogurt.
- 3 tablespoons of oil
Let’s cook BEEH!
- First throw your eggs into a pot of boiling water.
- Heat the oil in a pan.
- Throw in the onions, garlic & ginger.
- Put down the snap chat and pick up the chat masala (PU DUM TSH)
Just Kidding you don’t need it.
- Add the spices and stir. Let it all get coated and then cook.
- You never want the raw taste of spices.
- Add in the Yogurt.
(I think I was surprised with how it turned out, the consistency breaks. Worry not, just stir and let it simmer)
- Add in the salt here.
- Add in some water to the pot and let it simmer.
- Keep stirring.
- As the pot simmers I want you to cut the eggs in half.
- Heat up a pan and throw them in yolk side down.
- Once browned carefully place them into the curry and let the flavors soak in.
- Add in the chili flakes and coriander.
Let it simmer for 2 minutes.
Thanks for stopping by. Hope you guys give it a try and please take a picture with the hashtag #Jaytakeapic and #Mumsvillage. Stay beautiful!
Read more on Jayson’s blog