Other Articles from Amanda Gicharu Kemoli
Asian Tuna Salad
Many people have no idea what to do with a can of tuna fish, except maybe make a sandwich.
This Thai-inspired salad will take plain tuna and transform it into a symphony of flavours and textures in your mouth. The nutty sesame plays so well with the crunchy red onions, cucumber and peppers. You can serve it on a bed of lettuce, rocket, baby spinach or celery sticks. Despite being a fairly light dish, it’s very filling because of all the protein from the tuna. It is also healthy with plenty of vegetables and a good amount of Omega-3 fatty acids.
- 3 140g cans of tuna chunks in brine, drained
- 1 medium red bell pepper, diced
- 1/2 red onion, finely diced
- 1 cucumber, sliced thin and diced
- 3/4 cup sesame oil
- Juice of 1 lime
- Salt and black pepper to taste
- Sesame seeds, for garnish
- In a large bowl, use a fork to break the tuna chunks into smaller pieces.
- Mix in the red bell pepper, red onion and cucumber. Pour the sesame oil on top and stir to combine all ingredients.
- Lastly, add the lime juice and stir to combine well.
- Add salt and pepper to taste, and garnish with sesame seeds before serving.