Other Articles from Amanda Gicharu Kemoli
1 minute chocolate chip cookie
There’s almost nothing warm, chocolate chip cookies can’t cure. This gooey sweetness has been healing broken hearts and soothing overworked souls for decades. With a few simple and non-perishable ingredients, it’s easy to make a personal chocolate chip cookie cake in under 6 minutes: using only a microwave.
Read More: RECIPE: Everyone’s Favourite Cookies
- ¼ cup all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 tablespoon white sugar
- 1 tablespoon dark brown sugar
- 3 drops of vanilla essence
- 1 egg yolk (do not use egg white)
- 2 tablespoons of chocolate chips
- Pinch of salt
Read More: Teach your child to Bake in 5 Simple Steps
- Microwave butter in a cup, bowl or mug until soft.
- Mix in sugar, vanilla and salt.
- Add egg yolk and mix.
- Stir in flour and chocolate chips, then mix until all ingredients are fully combined.
- Microwave for 40 – 60 seconds (take out at 40 seconds to check if it is done — you might have to play around with the timing as all microwaves are different).
- Try topping your creation with whipped cream, vanilla ice cream, chocolate sauce or icing.
Read More on Amanda’s blog